In keeping with the new long-term business plan “Innovation 2017” announced in April 2012 and in light of the Great East Japan Earthquake, globalization and other changes in the circumstances, the basic thinking on environmental initiatives was reorganized, the positioning of “ ” revised and the “Group Environmental Policy” and environmental initiatives for each business area renewed.
From fiscal 2012, innovation will be pursued as a Group in also the environmental aspect with this new direction in common.
Mitsui Fudosan Group's Basic Thinking on Environmental Initiatives under New Long-Term Business Plan
- Realize both “earth-friendly” and “people-friendly”
Through widespread and comprehensive promotion of conservation of water and biodiversity, introduction of diversified and independent energy, etc., in addition to low carbon, we will realize both “earth-friendly” in that reduction of environmental burden is aimed and “people-friendly” in that security and safety as well as comfort are high.
- Promote pioneering urban development in collaboration/cooperation with the community
Through further collaboration/cooperation with the community built to date, along with promotion of introduction of innovative technologies (green innovation), we will pursue pioneering urban development.
- Expand both at home and abroad smart cities that will lead the future
By drawing grand designs suited to the region and project characteristics, we will expand world-class environment-conscious urban development such as smart cities both at home and abroad and aim to be an environmentally advanced company that plays a leading role in the future of urban development.
“,” which was set as the environment communication word in March 2010, is positioned as the Group vision starting from April 2012. In addition, “we will aim for a society that enriches both people and the planet” was established as the tagline.
Statement Vision Mission
In light of the basic thinking on environmental initiatives under the new long-term business plan, the “Basic Principles” and “Environmental Principles” were combined and the principles of “,” which is positioned as the Group vision, were also incorporated, resulting in establishment of a new “Environmental Principles” and revision of the “Environmental Policy.” Rather than limit to reduction of environmental burden, improvement of safety and security as well as comfort are also positioned as initiatives for the “environment.”
Group Environmental Policy (Established on November 1, 2001; Revised on October 3, 2008 and April 1, 2012)
- Environmental Principles
We at Mitsui Fudosan are committed to social and economic development as well as global environmental preservation under the principles of harmony, coexistence and inclusive cooperation represented by our “” corporate logo.
Under the principles of the “ ” logo, “” represents our group vision.
“” symbolizes our recognition that urban development is interlinked with the planet and our aim of a society that enriches both people and the planet.
Contributing to the building of a society that realizes the sustainable development of human life is our corporate mission, and we consider this an important business challenge directly related to increasing corporate value. Positioning the promotion of business while addressing collaboration/cooperation with the community, reduction of environmental burden and improvement of security/safety/comfort as vital to "harmonious coexistence with the environment," we endeavor to create urban environments of enrichment and comfort and contribute to the global environment.
- Environmental Policy
- We aim to take countermeasures against global warming and create a recycling society by striving to improve environmental efficiency, reduce environmental burden, conserve energy/resources, reduce waste materials and prevent pollution.
- We aim to both reduce environmental burden and improve security/safety/comfort with widespread and comprehensive promotion of conservation of water and biodiversity and introduction of diversified and independent energy in addition to low carbon.
- In collaboration/cooperation with all of society including our customers, local communities and the government, we proactively address harmonious coexistence with the environment, build a society that realizes sustainable development, and implement highly effective environmental measures.
- We will expand environment-conscious urban development such as smart cities both at home and abroad and aim to be an environmentally advanced company that plays a leading role in the future of urban development.
- In addition to adhering to environment-related laws and regulations, we will establish our own standards as necessary and promote "harmonious coexistence with the environment."
- Through environmental training and awareness-enhancing activities, we ensure that all Mitsui Fudosan Group employees have a solid understanding of our Environmental Policy and increase their environmental awareness.
- We provide full public disclosure of necessary information relating to such matters as our environmental initiatives and promote open communication with society at large through promotional activities.
In conjunction with revision of the “Group Environmental Policy,” the Mitsui Fudosan Group decided to promote three fields – “reduction of environmental load,” “improving security, safety and comfort as well as ensuring sustainability” and “collaboration/cooperation with various stakeholders” – in an integrated manner as new policies for initiatives in the business areas of operations, housing and urban development.
These three fields are promoted by setting specific initiatives for each business area*. Added as a new perspective to the content of specific initiatives for operations and housing areas are “support use of low-carbon transportation (CO2 reduction initiatives),” “improve health and comfort as well as ensure sustainability” and “coexistence with the community” and for urban development are “promote use of low-carbon transportation,” “integrated management of the entire urban area” and “improve health and comfort as well as ensure sustainability.”
In addition, for in-house initiatives, etc., five pillars – “environmental awareness-raising,” “environmental consciousness initiatives in the workplace,” “research and study of new technologies and advanced examples,” “disclosure of information on environmental initiatives” and “maintenance and utilization of forests” – have been set and “promote use of forests the Group owns as materials for operations (construction materials)” was added as a new perspective to the content of specific initiatives. The initiatives are being taken together with 16 Group companies.
New specific initiatives for each business area: