* Information contained in this news release is current as of its date of announcement. Be aware that information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Grand Opening of All 128 Stores on April 22 at Mitsui Outlet Park Sapporo Kita-Hiroshima—Ninth Mitsui Outlet Park Series Facility and First in Hokkaido
January 25, 2010
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Mitsui Fudosan has announced that the grand opening of all 128 stores at Mitsui Outlet Park Sapporo Kita-Hiroshima will take place on April 22, 2010. Mitsui Fudosan has been developing the facility—the ninth in the Mitsui Outlet Park series—in Kita-Hiroshima City, Hokkaido. The facility’s main features are as follows:
- The facility will be one of Hokkaido’s largest outlet malls with 128 stores (including 107 outlet stores) and a retail floor area of approximately 23,000 m2.
The facility has an ideal, easily accessible location along Hitsujigaoka Dori, a main public road from Sapporo, and is also close to National Highway Route 36 and the Central Hokkaido Expressway’s Kita-Hiroshima Interchange (IC). Located between central Sapporo and New Chitose Airport, the facility expects to attract customers from not only Japan but also from Asia and other overseas regions.
- Regarding shops, numerous overseas luxury brands will be showcased at the facility, which will bring together a diverse collection of brands. The facility will feature 58 stores opening for the first time in Hokkaido, including 9 for the first time in Japan outlet stores, offering a global selection of high fashion, as well as children’s and family apparel, sports and outdoors goods, fashion merchandise and much more. *For a list of stores, please see the attached reference materials.
- Regarding restaurants, the facility will provide a large 650-seat food court featuring 11 restaurants, including popular Hokkaido-based ramen noodle shops. The facility has also attracted an ice cream parlor chain that will open its first location in Hokkaido, and a popular local coffee shop. Hokkaido Loco Farm Village, which will offer local Hokkaido merchandise and homegrown agricultural produce, is another attraction. In this way, Mitsui Fudosan will set up a “marketplace” that both local customers and tourists can enjoy.
- The facility is a two-story indoor (enclosed) mall, providing a space for comfortable shopping year round. The facility is designed to provide visitors with an appreciation of Hokkaido’s natural riches and a balanced sense of physical and personal warmth.
Image of exterior view
Image of interior view
Mitsui Fudosan presently operates eight Mitsui Outlet Park facilities across Japan. In September 2008, Mitsui Outlet Park Sendai Port was newly opened in Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture. At existing facilities, Mitsui Fudosan scaled up the floor area of Mitsui Outlet Park Marine Pia Kobe (Kobe City, Hyogo Prefecture) to further increase competitiveness while working to expand business. In addition to Mitsui Outlet Park Sapporo Kita-Hiroshima, Mitsui Fudosan is currently engaged in new developments such as Mitsui Outlet Park Shiga Ryuo (tentative name), which is scheduled to open in summer 2010 in Ryuo City, Shiga Prefecture, and Mitsui Outlet Park Kisarazu Kaneda (tentative name), which is scheduled to open in Kisarazu City, Chiba Prefecture in spring 2012. Mitsui Fudosan will continue to actively develop its Outlet Park business going forward.
Mitsui Outlet Park Sapporo Kita-Hiroshima—Design Profile
||7-6, Omagari-Saiwai-cho 3-chome, Kita-Hiroshima City, Hokkaido
||Approx. 52,900 m2
Approx. 300 m from the Central Hokkaido Expressway’s Kita-Hiroshima IC
Approx. 20 min. by taxi from Kita-Hiroshima Station on the JR Chitose Line
Approx. 25 min. by bus from Kita-Hiroshima Station on the JR Chitose Line; bus stops: “Midori-no-Sato” and “Midori-no-Sato Danchi” (scheduled to be renamed “Mitsui Outlet Park Entrance” on April 1); five min. walk from bus stop.
Approx. 12 min. by taxi from Fukuzumi Station on the Sapporo Municipal Subway Toho Line.
Approx. 19 min. by bus from Fukuzumi Station on the Sapporo Municipal Subway Toho Line; disembark at “Intervillage OH!Magari” bus stop
*The following bus routes are scheduled to enter service on April 1:
Bus service (approx. 25 min.) from Oyachi Station on the Sapporo Municipal Subway Tozai Line; disembark at “Mitsui Outlet Park” bus stop
(Weekends and holidays) Direct bus service (approx. 30 min) from JR Sapporo Station; disembark at “Mitsui Outlet Park” bus stop
||Steel structure, two floors above ground
||Approx. 52,900 m2
|Retail floor area
||Approx. 23,000 m2
|Gross floor area
||Approx. 40,000 m2
|Number of stores
||128 (including 107 outlet stores)
||2,500 spaces, approximately
|Design and supervision
||Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co., Ltd.
Map and Site Layout
*1 Scheduled to be renamed “Mitsui Outlet Park Entrance” on April 1.
*2 “Mitsui Outlet Park” bus stop scheduled to be established on April 1.