Initiative to Realize
In recent years, natural disasters have
become more severe and more common,
and climate change is occurring
on a global scale.
The Paris Agreement, an international
framework for action against climate change,
has accelerated international movement,
and it has become increasingly important
to contribute to the sustainable
growth of society through their business.
Based on the philosophy
of the Mitsui Fudosan "" logo,
our Group has achieved corporate growth
by enriching people's lives
and constantly creating new value through
the creation of neighborhoods
that meets the needs of the era
and coexists with society in harmony.
Under our "" principle,
we have also been proactively addressing
climate change for some time.
In December 2020, our Group's greenhouse gas
emission reduction targets for FY2030 and
FY2050 were announced;
however, we have this time raised
the reduction target for FY2030 even higher,
and formulated Action Plans as comprehensive
and specific strategies to achieve the targets.
Mitsui Fudosan Group's New Targets
in Group’s GHG
emissions by FY2030
Net Zero by FY2050
reduction by FY2030 (vs. FY2019)
(vs. FY2019), Net Zero by FY2050
Steadily implement initiatives
for FY2030 with supply chain
Further promote actions to realize
a decarbonized society in FY2050
performance of new and
to decarbonize by proposing Green Menu
- Power generation equivalent to our own power use in the Tokyo metropolitan area at present (equivalent to the use of approx. 30 buildings in the common area of Tokyo Midtown Hibiya)
- Actively utilize owned forests for high rise wooden buildings and houses.
- Realize self sufficiency in building materials and a sustainable virtuous cycle between forest resources and the local economy
- we will actively acquire external certifications in Japan and overseas to promote ESG, including decarbonization.
- Aim to contribute to the decarbonization of society as a whole through joint research with academia and construction companies, and by actively investing in venture companies and providing them with opportunities for demonstration tests.
- Utilizing new technologies and open innovation, such as the Smart Energy Project in Nihonbashi, Toyosu, and Yaesu, and Kashiwanoha AEMS, aim to realize the creation of neighborhood s that promotes decarbonization not only of facilities owned but also of the entire area.
- Introduce ICP for In-house Placement of Value on CO₂ Emissions and System to Promote Initiatives for Decarbonization
- Establish Sustainability Promotion Dept. as an overall function of Action Plans “Each business HQ, division, and Group company” will collaborate with the Environment &aamp; Energy Service Dept., engaged in company wide energy management, and all other divisions to promote decarbonization initiatives.