* Information contained in this news release is current as of its date of announcement. Be aware that information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
“Nihonbashi-Honcho 2-Chome Specified blocks Redevelopment Project (provisional name)”
- Integrated project announced for Takeda’s new office building and public open space -
August 26, 2014
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Real Estate Co, Ltd.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Chuo-ku, Tokyo; “Mitsui Fudosan”), Takeda Pharmaceutical Real Estate Co, Ltd. (Head Office: Chuo-ku, Tokyo; “Takeda Pharmaceutical Real Estate”), and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Head Office: Chuo-ku, Osaka; “Takeda”) announced today that the three parties have agreed on the outline of the “Nihonbashi-Honcho 2-Chome Specified blocks Redevelopment Project” (provisional name), their collaborative project at Nihonbashi-Honcho 2-chome and Nihonbashi-Muromachi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
This project is one part of the Nihonbashi Revitalization Plan led by Mitsui Fudosan and other partners from private/public sectors, and the target area will cover approximately 3,975 m2 across Nihonbashi-Honcho and Nihonbashi-Muromachi. In the planned area, a 24-story high-rise office building in addition to 4 underground floors (approximately 125 m height) will be constructed. Upon its scheduled completion in 2017, Takeda intends to utilize this building as office space. In addition, public open space is created within that area, providing the Honcho-Muromachi area with a place for relaxation that will be a magnet for visitors.
The planned construction area is adjacent to the “Nihonbashi Muromachi East District”, an area that is currently undergoing redevelopment by Mitsui Fudosan and its partners. This is attracting public attention for its streetscape that represents a fusion of tradition and innovation. More importantly, Takeda started to have its business base in Tokyo area in the Meiji Era and there had been Takeda Honcho Building until recently with Takeda's group affiliated companies including Takeda Pharmaceutical Real Estate had their offices there. Nihonbashi-Honcho, known as “Medicine Quarter,” has a history as a center for pharmaceutical wholesalers in the Edo period and many pharmaceutical companies have their offices in the area even today.
The office building is to be constructed as a high-grade structure equipped with both a base isolation system and the latest BCP (business continuity planning) preparedness. At the same time, the building is designed to be in harmony with the surrounding streetscape and landscape, and to provide a real connection with the neighboring community. Friendly to people and the environment, the building aims to provide a comfortable working place for a diverse range of people while utilizing best-in-class technologies that reduce environmental impact.
Mitsui Fudosan, Takeda Pharmaceutical Real Estate and Takeda are dedicated to making this project result in an attractive and lively “Medicine Quarter in Nihonbashi-Honcho Area”, and energizing the entire Nihonbashi area with the support and the cooperation of the metropolitan and ward governments, the local community, and other stakeholders involved in this project.
- About Specified blocks
- Specified blocks are designated to renovate the municipal functions and to formulate and preserve the attractive urban space. The construction of the privately-owned buildings is approved in accordance with the specific plan of each specified block, and the restriction for construction is decided separately from those stipulated in City Planning Act and Building Standards Act.
- About Nihonbashi Revitalization Plan
- The Nihonbashi Revitalization Plan is a project jointly promoted by the public and private sectors together with the local community. Its key concept is “Proceeding to Create While Retaining and Reviving.” The Nihonbashi Muromachi East District Development Project, a core part of the Nihonbashi Revitalization Plan, will be fully completed when the renovation of the Fukutoku Shrine is finished in October this year. Other constructions for the project, namely COREDO Muromachi, YUITO, and COREDO Muromachi 2 and 3, have already been completed. Efforts will continue to further promote the latest Nihonbashi Honcho 2-chome Project and the entire Nihonbashi Revitalization plan to create a lively and attractive Nihonbashi.
- About Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
- Mitsui Fudosan upholds “Bringing Affluence and Comfort to Urban Living” as its Group Statement, and is contributing to rejuvenate cities by providing secure, safe, and attractive urban spaces and services. Mitsui Fudosan is expanding the scope of its operations including the development and management of office buildings and commercial facilities, new condominium developments as well as real estate brokerage, and the development and management of hotels and resorts. Through its businesses, Mitsui Fudosan is committed to help bring “Affluence and Comfort with Value” to all aspects of life through its many diverse projects both in Japan and overseas. For more information, please visit the company's website at https://www.mitsuifudosan.co.jp/.
- About Takeda Pharmaceutical Real Estate Co, Ltd.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Real Estate currently operates 15 real estate holdings for rent nationwide, providing safe, comfortable, and clean offices and services of integrity to our customers
- About Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Located in Osaka, Japan, Takeda is a research-based global company with its main focus on pharmaceuticals. As the largest pharmaceutical company in Japan and one of the global leaders of the industry, Takeda is committed to strive towards better health for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine. Additional information about Takeda is available through its corporate website http://www.takeda.com/.
Outline of “Nihonbashi-Honcho 2-Chome Specified blocks Redevelopment Project (provisional name)”
|Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., Takeda Pharmaceutical Real Estate Co, Ltd.
and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
|Nihonbashi-Honcho 2-chome and Nihonbashi-Muromachi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
|Approximately 3,975 m2
|Total floor space
|Approximately 46,800 m2
|Office, retail, conference room, etc.
General description of the high-rise office building
|Steel (partially SRC/RC)
|Approximately 125 m
|Nihon Sekkei, inc.
|To be decided
|February 2015 (scheduled)
|Within Fiscal Year 2017 (scheduled)