* Information contained in this news release is current as of its date of announcement. Be aware that information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Appearance of a town in Tokyo’s Nihonbashi where children take center stage!
“Nihonbashi Kids Town - Exciting Work Experience”
Date and time: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, March 28 and Sunday, March 29, 2015
March 17, 2015
General Incorporated Association Nihonbashi Muromachi Area Management
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Nihonbashi Muromachi Area Management will hold “Nihonbashi Kids Town - Exciting Work Experience,” a work experience event for elementary school children on Saturday, March 28 and Sunday, March 29 in the Nihonbashi area.
This event leverages the characteristics of the Nihonbashi district, home to numerous companies from a wide range of industries that have driven the Japanese economy and concentrations of venerable long-established stores dating back to the Edo Period. The local community and companies have joined as one to provide a place for children to learn and experience. The goal of this event is to use the work experience to deepen the appeal and understanding of the Nihonbashi district for children and their parents or guardians.
Mitsui Fudosan positions this even as part of its corporate social responsibility. By working together as one with companies and the community, Mitsui Fudosan aims to create a sustainable community.
“Nihonbashi Kids Town - Exciting Work Experience” Major Work Experience Programs * Examples
- Finance Program to experience bank teller work and learn about stocks and investment
Bank teller experience and facility tour, learn about stocks and investments by playing Snakes & Ladders.
- Commerce Program to experience working in venerable long-established Nihonbashi stores, department stores, and other retail properties.
Hand-make Japanese washi paper, dried bonito shaving experience, uniformed elevator operator experience, sales and customer service at shops and restaurants in COREDO Muromachi, cooking experience and more.
- Tourism Promotion Program to experience working in local government “antenna shops” promoting tourism.
Promote specialties while wearing ninja gear, experience tourism promotion together with a costumed mascot character and more.
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Care Program to experience chemical experiments, mock diagnoses and more.
Extract DNA from vegetables and meats, become a kids’ doctor and conduct mock diagnosis.
- Real Estate/Construction Program to experience management and manufacturing of retail properties.
Simulated retail property information desk experience, security work experience, woodworking experience.