The Mitsui Fudosan Group’s First Overseas Retail Property Shanjing Outlet Plaza-Ningbo
Expanded Due to Widespread Support Since Opening in 2011
Reopened December 19 after Adding 54 New Stores
December 22, 2015
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Mitsui Fudosan announced today the reopening of the Shanjing Outlet Plaza-Ningbo in Ningbo City, Zhejiang Province, China, on December 19 after its second-stage expansion plan. The mall first opened in September 2011 through Shanjing Business Administration (Ningbo) Co.,Ltd., a joint venture established with Shanshan Group Co., Ltd, Daito Woolen Spinning & Weaving Co., Ltd., Lanway Investment Co., Ltd., and ITOCHU Corporation.
The facility utilizes outlet mall operation expertise cultivated by the Mitsui Fudosan Group in Japan and was opened as the Group’s first overseas retail property. The facility has steadily increased sales since opening in 2011, achieving increased recognition and consistent facility operation in accordance with customers’ needs, such as by actively changing tenants.
The expansion opening has increased the lineup of international fashion brands and popular local fashion brands as well as enhancing brands for kids, mainly targeting the family segment. The addition of a cinema complex and a play space for children has enhanced the facility’s “time-consuming elements,” making it a place to enjoy spending time as well as shopping. The expansion opening has added 54 new stores to the existing 140 stores for a total of 194 stores. Looking ahead, the goal is to make the facility even more attractive to discover new customer segments and expand the catchment area.
[Opening of Expanded Shanjing Outlet Plaza-Ningbo Topics]
- Expanded Fashion Brands
- Altogether 42 new fashion brand shops have opened, including 23 opening an outlet shop in Ningbo City for the first time.
International brands including MICHAEL KORS*, UGG, David Mayer, and HILFIGER DENIM.
Kids’ brands including Adidas kids, Guess Kids, and New Balance Kids
* Opening planned for March 2016
- Newly Opened Entertainment and Children’s Play Spaces
- Stellar International Cineplex, a nine-screen cinema complex * Opening planned for February 2016
- An children’s play facility originating in Zhejiang Province offering indoor, experiential-type playground equipment
- The facility is an indoor (enclosed) mall so visitors can enjoy shopping in any season and whatever the weather is like.
- The expanded area employs an enclosed mall style. Skylights and an open central area in the mall create a space with the same expansive feel as the existing open-mall facility while being indoors.
- The expanded facility is connected to the existing facility by two bridges. Consideration has been given to making it easy to move and shop around the entire facility.
- Spaces for parents including a nursing room and diaper-changing space have been incorporated for the first time. The facility now provides ease of mind for those visiting with small children.
[Mitsui Fudosan’s Overseas Strategy]
The Mitsui Fudosan Group has positioned the overseas business as one of its growth fields and announced in the Group’s Innovation 2017 (Stage II) medium-term business plan, in May 2015, that it will be investing approximately ¥550 billion in Europe, North America, and Asia over a span of three years from 2015 to 2017.
In Asia, Mitsui Fudosan is actively capturing growing consumption and contributing to local areas while aggressively promoting its business to quickly expand its earnings. Initiatives include the 2011 opening of Shanjing Outlet Plaza-Ningbo, the opening in May 2015 of the Mitsui Outlet Park KLIA Sepang in Malaysia and the planned opening in January 2016 of Mitsui Outlet Park Taiwan Linkou. Mitsui Fudosan is also engaged in the real estate business in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and China, and is rapidly expanding development projects in Asia.
|No. 555, Qiushi Road, Yinzhou District, Ningbo City, Zhejiang Province,
People’s Republic of China
|Shanjing Business Administration (Ningbo) Co.,Ltd. (a joint venture established by Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., Shanshan Group, Daito Woolen Spinning & Weaving Co., Ltd., Lanway Investment Co., Ltd. and ITOCHU Corporation.
|Factory outlet mall
|Reinforced concrete structure, two floors above ground
|Reinforced concrete (partial steel structure),
four floors above ground
|At 2011 opening
|After expanded opening
|Store floor space
|Approx. 26,000 m2
|Approx. 13,700 m2
|Approx. 39,700 m2
|Gross floor area
|Approx. 41,000 m2
|Approx. 22,000 m2
|Approx. 63,000 m2
|Number of stores
|Approx. 2,000 spaces
Brands of Main Stores in Expanded Opening
Map of surrounding area
Red-framed area on the map of the surrounding area