Haimurubushi, Japan’s Southernmost Beach Resort
Will Open a New Ocean-view Guest Room Wing named “San-nin” on March 19
At the same time, Okinawa’s sole outdoor spa facility “Panari Spa” will also re-open
and the new marine activity, “Sea Station”, will be launched
March 17, 2016
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
On Saturday, March 19, the Mitsui Fudosan Group will open a new guest room wing named “San-nin” where all rooms have an ocean view, at Haimurubushi, Japan’s southernmost beach resort, located in Yaeyama-gun, Okinawa, Japan. Haimurubushi has been operating for 37 years.
On the same day, Panari Spa, Okinawa’s sole outdoor spa facility, will re-open.
Furthermore, the new marine activity, Sea Station, will also open on the blue seas of Yaeyama.
The concept of Haimurubushi is “Nuchigusui (the meaning of “Life Healing ” in Okinawa )”. We provides guests with facilities and services that heal the body and mind amid the outstanding blue coral seas of the Yaeyama region and beautiful natural surrounds. After opening this new wing, we will further cultivate and expand our concept of “Nuchigusui ”
Features of the New and Renovated Facilities
New Guest Room Wing San-nin
- All rooms have 51 m2 with an ocean view. This spacious rooms are for 4 people, family ,as an example.
- Interior of these rooms use some local traditional materials. For example, “Minsa weaving ”, the Yaeyama region’s traditional weaving, “Shisa ” ,Ryukyu-style decorations, “Yarabu trees ” and “Ryukyu limestone”.
Spa facility “Panari Spa”
- In addition to the gazebo(terrace) for spa treatment, we provide a new gazebo to relax and enjoy the ocean for the guest who finish the spa treatment s.
Marine activity “Sea Station”
- ”Sea Station” is a new marine activity base, which is a large-scale cruiser on the coral sea near Haimurubushi.
- Enjoy snorkeling and other activities from this Sea Station and relax at the floating café enjoying the beautiful ocean views.
View of the Haimurubushi resort
A view of the interior of San-nin, the new guest room wing
1. Overview of the new guest room wing, San-nin
The name of the new guest room wing, “San-nin” means a shell ginger in Okinawa which is one of the most popular traditional herbs in this area. Shell ginger, “San-nin ” is said to ward off evil spirits and has relaxation effects . We named this wing “San-nin” making a wish of a slow and easy relaxation for both the body and mind of guests.
This wing has 10 guest rooms. Each has a spacious 51 m2 with an ocean view to comfortably host a family of four. At the terrace with 2.5m depth, there is a sofa.
Guest can enjoy the glorious sunrises and the skies with a full of stars, including the Southern Cross here. Moreover, all rooms have a ocean view bathroom with an expansive 1,600 mm bathtub.
Interiors of these rooms use some local traditional materials. For example, “Minsa weaving ”, the Yaeyama region’s traditional weaving, “Shisa ” ,Ryukyu-style decorations, “Yarabu trees ” and “Ryukyu limestone”, incorporating a wish for guests’ eternal health.
*Customers in groups of four people are given priority of booking these rooms, so advance reservation of this wing is not available.
Layout of the guest rooms in San-nin, the new guest room wing
2. Overview of Panari Spa
Panari Spa is highly rated as the only spa offering beach-side outdoor treatment among the resort hotels in Okinawa. By the recent renovation, we provide a new gazebo to relax and enjoy the ocean for the guest who finish the spa treatments in addition to the gazebo(terrace) for spa treatment.
The original treatment menu in Haimurubushi use an Okinawan goya extract gel filled with Vitamin C.
Panari Spa Panari Full Body Treatment: 90 minutes
The ultimate beach therapy using a gel containing Okinawan goya extract
Panari Spa Head and Reflexology Treatment: 60 minutes
Stress-relieving therapy while feeling the gentle breeze from Kohama Island
Operating hours: 1 p.m. to sunset (latest reservations are 4 p.m.)
* Next-morning treatment is possible if reservations are made before 9 p.m. the previous day
Scene of a typical Panari Spa treatment
Scene of a dedicated gazebo provided following treatment
* Food and drink services are not provided
3. Overview of the new marine activity, Sea Station
“Sea Station” is a new marine activity base, which is a large-scale cruiser on the coral sea near Haimurubushi.
A shuttle boat operates between the Sea Station and the beach.
Enjoy snorkeling in the sea with the coral reef or play in the sea with large inflatable water toy.
A floating café will open on the cruiser. Enjoy a relaxing time with the views of the Yaeyama islands.
Operating date: March 19 to October 31, 2016
* Operations subject to cancellation due to weather and other factors.
Charge: Per person for 2 hours, 3-5-years-old: ¥1,200; 6-11-years-old: ¥2,100; General: ¥4,200
* Infants up to age 1 are free of charge but must be accompanied by parents
* Charge includes loan of a 3-piece snorkeling set (goggles, snorkel and flippers) and life jacket.
* Enjoy snorkeling or using the large inflatable water toy to play in the coral reef sea.
* Food and drinks at the floating café are sold separately.
Relaxing and enjoying the views of the coral reef sea from the floating café
Enjoy snorkeling from the Sea Station
Aerial view of the Sea Station
Haimurubushi Facility Overview
||2930, Kohama, Taketomi-cho, Yaeyama-gun, Okinawa-ken, 907-1292
||Approximately 25 minutes by taxi or 45 minutes by bus from New Ishigaki Airport to the Ishigaki Island Ferry Terminal
Approximately 25 minutes by ferry from the Ishigaki island Ferry Terminal to Kohama Port
Approximately 5 minutes by free hotel shuttle bus from Kohama Port
|Total no. of guest rooms
||138 rooms (148 rooms after the opening of the San-nin wing)
|Guest room types
||Ocean View Suite (20 rooms); Ocean Premiere (20 rooms; 30 rooms after the opening of the San-nin wing); Ocean View Superior (10 rooms); Superior (24 rooms); Ocean View Standard (14 rooms); Standard (24 rooms)
||Buffet Dining, Grill Dining, Club Dining, Open Café & Bar, Garden Dining (limited period), Beach Café (limited period), Umi Café (limited period)
||Center house, View spa, Pool, Beach house, Sunset Park, Nuchigusui Spa Tingara, Nawa Insect Museum, Yoga room, Conference room, Animal farm, Shower room, Rental cart counter, Ground golf course, Tennis court (two courts), Water Buffalo Pond, Khachibai Terrace, Haimurubushi Art Garden