Environmental Initiatives Policy
Guided by its Group Environmental Policy, the Mitsui Fudosan Group engages in the three core environmental activities of load reduction (reducing the impact of its products and services on the environment), quality improvement (enhancing safety, security, and comfort while ensuring sustainability), and cooperation (collaborating and cooperating with various stakeholders) in an integrated manner.
The Group Environmental Policy
(Established November 1, 2001; Revised October 3, 2008 and April 1, 2012)
We at Mitsui Fudosan are committed to social and economic development as well as global environmental preservation under the principles of harmony, coexistence and inclusive cooperation represented by our corporate logo. Under the principles of the logo, represents our Group Vision. symbolizes our recognition that urban development is interlinked with the planet and our aim of a society that enriches both people and the planet.
Contributing to the building of a society that realizes the sustainable development of human life is our corporate mission, and we consider this an important business challenge directly related to increasing corporate value. Positioning the promotion of business while addressing collaboration and cooperation with the community, reduction of environmental burden and improvement of security, safety, and comfort as vital to harmonious coexistence with the environment, we endeavor to create urban environments of enrichment and comfort and contribute to the global environment.
- We aim to take countermeasures against global warming and create a recycling society by striving to improve environmental efficiency, reduce environmental burden, conserve energy/resources, reduce waste materials and prevent pollution.
- We aim to both reduce environmental burden and improve security, safety, and comfort with widespread and comprehensive promotion of water and biodiversity conservation and introduction of diversified and independent energy sources, in addition to low carbon.
- In collaboration and cooperation with all of society including our customers, local communities, and the government, we proactively address harmonious coexistence with the environment, build a society that realizes sustainable development, and implement highly effective environmental measures.
- We will expand environment-conscious urban development such as smart cities both at home and abroad and aim to be an environmentally advanced company that plays a leading role in the future of urban development.
- In addition to adhering to environment-related laws and regulations, we will establish our own standards as necessary and promote harmonious coexistence with the environment.
- Through environmental training and awareness-enhancing activities, we ensure that all Mitsui Fudosan Group employees have a solid understanding of our Environmental Policy and increase their environmental awareness.
- We provide full public disclosure of necessary information relating to such matters as our environmental initiatives, and promote open communication with society at large through promotional activities.