Mitsui Fudosan Begins Construction on
Nagoya Mitsui Building North Building (tentative name),
a New Landmark Outside Nagoya Station
Jun 22, 2018
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, Japan, June 22, 2018 - Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., a leading global real estate company headquartered in Tokyo, announced today that it had started construction of Nagoya Mitsui Building North Building (tentative name) (hereinafter “the project”), a project underway in 4-chome Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture. The project is scheduled for completion on January 31, 2021.
The project is located in Meieki, Nagoya’s largest business district. It is in a sought-after location, four minutes on foot via underground walkway from Nagoya Station.
The building is 20 floors above and two floors below ground with a total floor area of 312,153.4 ft2 (29,000 m2). The 1st to 3rd floors will be commercial facilities and the 5th to 19th floors will be offices equipped with state-of-the-art facilities.
The office entrance faces Nishikidori, a business street, and the frontage will have the distinctive quality worthy of a new landmark outside Nagoya Station. The commercial facilities will not only be facing a high-end shopping street full of luxury brand stores on the road to the station, but also link directly to the underground mall area by escalator.
An exclusive roof garden will be provided where office workers can relax. The garden aims to create a “third space” (a concept of space that is neither home nor office)--an open, airy working environment surrounded by greenery in the city center, which will help tenant companies’ working style reforms.
Exterior perspective image
Exterior image of lower level commercial facilities
- The project is on the corner of Nishikidori, a business street in central Nagoya, and Meiekidori, a high-end shopping street full of luxury brand stores. It is a sought-after location, four minutes’ on foot from Nagoya Station via an underground walkway.
- It is a mixed-use (office/commercial) building with 20 floors above and two floors below ground. The 1st to 3rd floors will be occupied by commercial facilities with a total floor area of approximately 23,680.6 ft2 (2,200m2). The 5th to 19th floors will be office spaces equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. The office floor area is 10,763.9 ft2 (1,000m2) per floor, with a total floor area of 161,458.7 ft2 (15,000m2) for 15 floors.
- Open spaces will be provided at ground level in consideration of pedestrians and trees will be planted to provide greenery in a central city location.
- An exclusive roof garden will be provided where office workers can relax. The project aims to create an open, airy working environment surrounded by greenery in the city center. Six of the office floors will have balconies that can be accessed directly from rented space. These features will provide a varied environment to stimulate office workers’ intellectual creativity, contributing toward tenant companies’ working style reforms.
- The project uses environmentally aware design, including multi-layered glass with Low E double glazed thermal insulation to reduce heat load and LED lighting to minimize power consumption.
- An emergency generator will supply 15 VA/m2 of power to office floors for 72 hours in the event of a power outage. Toilets can be used for 72 hours without power as well.
Under the slogan “Next-Generation Offices,” Mitsui Fudosan will continue to provide distinctive office buildings that go beyond conventional concepts to generate new added value.
Image of Nagoya Mitsui Building North Building (tentative name)
Image of access to underground mall/walkway (view from Shimei Food Mall)
Image of first floor entrance (from underground to above ground)
Commercial facility area - Image of public space
Office - Image of entrance (1)
Office - Image of entrance (2)
Office - Image of balcony
Roof - Image of roof garden
Project overview and location map
|Nagoya Mitsui Building North Building (tentative name)
|4-804 and other, Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture
|4 minutes on foot from Hirokojiguchi exit of Nagoya Station on JR Zairai Line and Tokaido Shinkansen
3 minutes on foot from Nagoya Station on Higashiyama and Sakura-dori subway lines
3 minutes on foot from Meitetsu Nagoya Station on Meitetsu Nagoya Main Line
2 minutes on foot from Kintetsu Nagoya Station on Kintetsu Nagoya Line
(All of the above are connected to the underground walkway)
|Offices, stores, parking
|Approx. 24,197 ft2 (2,248 m2)
|Total Floor Area
|Approx. 316,997 ft2 (29,450 m2)
|20 floors above ground and 2 floors below
|Approx. 327.26 ft (99.75 m)
|Steel structure, partly steel-reinforced concrete
|Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
|Start of construction: June 22, 2018
Completion (planned): end of January 2021
(*Pale blue buildings are those managed by Mitsui Fudosan)