~ Sustainable Community Development in Nihonbashi, a Refined District with Well-Rooted Mutual Support ~
[ Nihonbashi SDGs Event: Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition ]
[ NIKKEI SDGs FESTIVAL NIHONBASHI TOKYO WINTER ]
Series of Events Held from Tuesday, November 24
Interactive SDGs initiatives true to the spirit of Nihonbashi, home of “cyclical” living since the Edo period
November 19, 2020
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Overview of Initiatives
- This event is aimed at learning from Edo (the former name of Tokyo ), which practiced a refined and highly efficient form of “cyclical” living, and at making the Nihonbashi area today a model district for cyclical, recycling-based cities.
- Events related to SDGs, including a forum, markets and panel exhibition, will be held in various areas of Nihonbashi with the cooperation of local Nihonbashi residents and tenants (Tuesday, November 24 to Sunday, December 6, 2020).
- The Nihonbashi Model Promotion Committee is being launched and will provide information on SDG initiatives in Nihonbashi on a continuing basis in the future.
- Nikkei SDGs/ESG Conference, NIKKEI SDGs FESTIVAL NIHONBASHI TOKYO WINTER, one of Japan’s largest SDGs-related forums, is also being held by Nikkei Inc. and Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. over the same period.
Tokyo, Japan, November 19, 2020 – Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., a leading global real estate company headquartered in Tokyo, and Nihonbashi Muromachi Area Management will be holding the Nihonbashi SDGs Event: Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition starting November 24 as a first step in initiatives for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be conducted throughout the district. NIKKEI SDGs FESTIVAL NIHONBASHI TOKYO WINTER is also being held over the same period by Nikkei Inc. and Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.
Nihonbashi SDGs Event: Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition is a multifaceted event related to the SDGs in the Nihonbashi area. The name “Nihonbashi Gururi” (“Cyclical Nihonbashi”) was chosen because Nihonbashi has historically been an area of cyclical living. The roofed outdoor plaza at COREDO Muromachi Terrace will display original information panels showing SDGs initiatives of the past (from the Edo period), present and future. B2C events will also be held: Rakugo storytelling and talks on Edo life and an upcycle market on the theme of cycles.
During the same period, NIKKEI SDGs FESTIVAL NIHONBASHI TOKYO WINTER, one of Japan’s largest SDGs forums, will be held in Muromachi Mitsui Hall and Nihonbashi Mitsui Hall by Nikkei Inc. Participants can learn about the SDGs initiatives of presenting companies via online video.
Mitsui Fudosan is working to successfully establish a sustainable society through the creation of neighborhoods, as is stated in VISION 2025, the Mitsui Fudosan Group long-term vision. By developing sustainable neighborhoods together with local communities, the company intends to resolve broad-ranging issues facing society and contribute to the realization of Society 5.0 and achievement of the SDGs. In addition, with this event as a springboard, Mitsui Fudosan and Nihonbashi Muromachi Area Management are launching the Nihonbashi Model Promotion Committee, and by holding events and providing information, the community will be connected together as information is communicated from Nihonbashi on cyclical and sustainable models, starting with the SDGs.
Representation of “Nihonbashi Gururi” expressing the cyclical nature of the Nihonbashi neighborhood
Mitsui Fudosan Group’s Contribution to SDGs
The Mitsui Fudosan Group aims for a society that enriches both people and the planet under the principles of harmony and coexistence, link diverse values and achieve a sustainable society, and advances business with an awareness of the environment (E), society (S) and governance (G), thus promoting ESG management. By further accelerating its ESG management, the Group will contribute significantly to realizing Society 5.0, which the Japanese government has been advocating and achieving the SDGs.
* The initiatives covered in this press release contribute to two of the SDGs.
|Responsible Consumption and Production
|Partnerships for the Goals