A Three-Week Period Filled with Sustainability Events in Nihonbashi
Start of Nihonbashi Sustainable Weeks 2021 on Wednesday, November 24
Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition 2021, an Event Exploring the Roots
of the Japanese People from Lifestyles in the Edo Period, to Be Held Concurrently
November 16, 2021
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, Japan, November 16, 2021 – Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., a leading global real estate company headquartered in Tokyo, and Nihonbashi Muromachi Area Management will hold Nihonbashi Sustainable Weeks 2021 and Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition from Wednesday, November 24 to Friday, December 10. Both events will increase the appeal of the Nihonbashi area by highlighting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition was launched in the previous year as a multifaceted event related to the SDGs in the Nihonbashi area. The name “Nihonbashi Gururi” (“Cyclical Nihonbashi”) was chosen because Nihonbashi has historically been an urban area of cyclical living. In addition to Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition, this year’s activities will be expanded to encompass Nihonbashi Sustainable Weeks 2021, an event that will enable visitors to learn about the SDGs from many different angles with the cooperation of various companies. These events will be held to add energy and excitement to Nihonbashi.
Through these events, Mitsui Fudosan will seek to create enjoyable events for everyone in and around the community, such as workers and residents in the local Nihonbashi area. In the process, Mitsui Fudosan will spread the word that Nihonbashi is home to a sustainable, cyclical society.
- [ Nihonbashi Sustainable Weeks ]
- Period: From Wednesday, November 24 to Friday, December 1
- Nihonbashi Sustainable Summit 2021 is a BtoB event organized by Nihonbashi Muromachi Area Management. This event will allow visitors to attend lectures on activities tailored to various SDGs themes by local Nihonbashi tenants. BtoC events will also be held. In these events, visitors can enjoy participatory workshop experiences with a focus on family, such as Forest of Learning Mother’s Festival in Nihonbashi Muromachi, in addition to the activities described in (2) Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition.
- In addition, Nihonbashi’s appeal will be increased by highlighting the SDGs through collaboration with events such as NIKKEI SDGs FESTIVAL NIHONBASHI TOKYO WINTER, which will be organized by Nikkei Inc. and Nikkei Business Publications, Inc., and SUSTAINABLE MARKETING DAY 2021 in NIHONBASHI, which will be organized by Sustainable Brands Japan.
- [ Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition ]
- Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition, which is a Nihonbashi area SDGs event launched last year, will be held once again this year. Activities such as screenings of video works, Rakugo storytelling, and talk events will be held in collaboration with local Nihonbashi tenants.
- The theme of this year”s event will be to spread the word about true sustainability by learning about the roots of the Japanese people from lifestyles in the Edo period and pursuing Nihonbashi’s unique approaches to the SDGs.
Scenes from last year’s Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition
Nihonbashi Sustainable Weeks 2021 Event Content Details (1)
■Nihonbashi Gururi Exhibition 2021
Nihonbashi Sustainable Weeks 2021 Event Content Details (2)
■Nihonbashi Sustainable Summit 2021
■SUSTAINABLE MARKETING DAY 2021 in NIHONBASHI
■Forest of Learning Mother’s Festival in Nihonbashi Muromachi
■NIKKEI SDGs FESTIVAL NIHONBASHI TOKYO WINTER
Mitsui Fudosan Group’s Contribution to SDGs
The Mitsui Fudosan Group aims for a society that enriches both people and the planet under the principles of coexist in harmony with society, link diverse values and achieve a sustainable society, and advances business with an awareness of the environment (E), society (S) and governance (G), thus promoting ESG management. By further accelerating its ESG management, the Group will realize Society 5.0, which the Japanese government has been advocating, and contribute significantly to achieving the SDGs.
* The initiatives covered in this press release are contributing to two of the UN’s SDGs.
|Responsible Consumption and Production
|Partnerships for the Goals