Mitsui Fudosan Residential Certified as a 2023 Health & Productivity Management Outstanding Organization (White 500) for the Second Consecutive Year
Creating Work Environments where Diverse Human Resources Can Work Actively Over a Long Time and Maximize Display of their Abilities
March 14, 2023
Mitsui Fudosan Residential Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, Japan, March 14, 2023 – Mitsui Fudosan Residential Co., Ltd. announced today that it was certified for the second consecutive year as an enterprise that excels at health and productivity management under the 2023 Certified Health & Productivity Management Outstanding Organizations Recognition Program (White 500) administered by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the NIPPON KENKO KAIGI (a public-private health promotion organization).
Mitsui Fudosan Residential promotes health management so that workplace environments continue to evolve to take advantage of the diversity of each and every employee and where they can be healthy and active for a long time.
< Examples of Measures >
- Established a promotional system with the president and CEO the chief responsible officer for health management.
- Heard from workers’ representatives to reflect employees’ opinions.
- Set quantitative final goal indexes to promote comprehensive health maintenance and improvements for employees’ physical and mental health.
- Subsidized smoking cessation outpatient treatment and established a smoke-free day, conducted in-house awareness-raising activities such as smoking cessation seminars and provided incentives to those who successfully quit smoking in an aim to lower the rate of smoking. Smoking areas within the Company were completely removed from April 2022.
- Conducted e-learning programs for all employees aimed at understanding women’s health issues to create workplaces where it is easier for women to work.
- Supported in-house club activities and planned and promoted participation in sports events to provide employees with opportunities to exercise and to stimulate communication.
- Conducted a Vege Check*1 (measurement of vegetable intake level) event to promote the onset of lifestyle-related diseases.
- Set up an external consultation hotline (mental health counseling) to prevent employees’ mental illness.
*1 A service provided by Kagome Co., Ltd. to utilize for health and other events. The app uses a sensor to measure how much carotenoid, a pigment found in vegetables, is contained in skin.
In-house club activities (running club)
■Mitsui Fudosan Group’s Initiatives for SDGs
The Mitsui Fudosan Group aims for a society that enriches both people and the planet under the principles of coexist in harmony with society, link diverse values and achieve a sustainable society, and advances business with an awareness of the environment (E), society (S) and governance (G), thus promoting ESG management. By further accelerating its ESG management, the Group will realize Society 5.0, which the Japanese government has been advocating, and contribute significantly to achieving the SDGs. Additionally, the Group formulated the following Group guidelines related to “Realize a Decarbonized Society” and “Diversity & Inclusion Promotion” in November 2021. The Mitsui Fudosan Group will continue to work toward solving social issues through neighborhood creation.
[ References ]
・Group Action Plan to Realize a Decarbonized Society
・Diversity & Inclusion Promotion Declaration and Initiative Policy
* The initiatives covered in this press release are contributing to two of the UN’s SDGs.
|Good Health and Well-Being
|Decent Work and Economic Growth