HIBIYA CINEMA FESTIVAL to be held from Oct. 18 (Fri.) to Nov. 4 (Mon., public holiday)
August 20, 2019
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
- Experience a new sensation in cinema with the latest edition of “Lupin the Third” plus the latest technologies!
- The Toronto Japanese Film Festival (TJFF), a film festival that focuses on Japanese films will be screening outdoors free of charge, in Hibiya.
- The 32nd Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF) in Hibiya.
Free open-air screenings on a full-scale outdoor theater!
The town will be exciting during Godzilla Fest 2019 on the November 3 (Sun).
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.a leading global real estate company headquartered in Tokyo will present the HIBIYA CINEMA FESTIVAL 2019 from October 18 (Fri.) to November 4 (Mon., public holiday). At this major entertainment event which attracted around 1.4 million visitors last year, there will be collaborations featuring the latest technologies with films, as well as cooperation with international film festivals. The HIBIYA CINEMA FESTIVAL 2019 does not focus on just watching a film in a quiet room as audiences usually do, but rather encourages engaging with it by centering on the giant outdoor screen.
Oct. 18 (Fri.) - Oct. 27 (Sun.) “Lupin the Third” Interactive theatre and screening of Japanese films
- “Lupin the Third: The First” Interactive theatre (11:00 - 18:00)
The characters of “Lupin the Third: The First” will pop out into the town when holding your smart device over the screen! You will feel and experience the augmentation of the world of film into the real world using the latest AR technology.
- The Toronto Japanese Film Festival in Hibiya (19:00 - 21:00 *Times may differ depending on the film)
The Toronto Japanese Film Festival, the largest film festival in North America focusing on Japanese cinema will be held in Hibiya, Tokyo, Japan. There will be screenings of 8 to 10 of the latest works from the TJFF held in June this year, including “The Antique” on our giant screen free of charge.
Oct. 28 (Mon) – Nov. 4 (Mon, public holiday) Tokyo International Film Festival open-air screening
- The 32nd Tokyo International Film Festival in Hibiya
The 32nd Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF), one of the leading international film festivals in Asia, will hold three special programs in Hibiya including free open-air screenings, TIFF and Home Video Day collaboration event on November 3 (Sun), and Godzilla Fest 2019.
See the PDF(629KB) for details.