Mitsui Fudosan Received 2020 Information Technology Award
Recognized for Renewed Completely Cloud-Based Approval and Accounting System
as an Initiative Promoting Work Style Reform
November 25, 2020
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, Japan, November 25, 2020 - Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., a leading global real estate company headquartered in Tokyo, announced today that its “completely cloud-based core system innovation to promote work style reform” has been recognized in the 2020 (38th) Information Technology Awards held by the Japan Institute of Information Technology (JIIT) with receipt of an IT Award (Area: Management).
Mitsui Fudosan has made “harness technology to innovate the real estate business” one of its three highest priority measures in VISION 2025, formulated as the Group’s long-term vision. One aspect of that is to promote digital transformation under the double axis of business reform and work style reform.
An initiative for work style reform was the DX Division taking the lead to renew the completely cloud-based approval and accounting system in April 2019, significantly contributing to work style reform and leading to the award recognition.
Going forward, Mitsui Fudosan will advance further utilization of technology to move forward on business model innovation and actively strengthen organizations and structures to support its progress.
■ Points of Evaluation
1. Achieving a high-quality system used by approximately 5,000 people in the belief that the following concept should be realized, encompassing management and moderating the operations and systems sides where mutual understanding is difficult to achieve
- Standardized operations throughout the Company
- Package-based, minimized customization by rigorously standardizing operations
- Eliminated multiple entries by promoting connections between the approval and accounting systems
- Operational efficiency and cost equalization by shifting fully to the cloud
- Introduced paperless, seal-free, mobile approval system
2. Realizing the following renewal effects, and contributed significantly to work style reform with Mitsui Fudosan’s DX Division being the driving force for the organization
- Reduced operations related to ordering and accounting by 35%
- Enhanced the position of information systems departments and disseminated in-house the importance of standardization of duties
- Deployed to each Group company and promoted system standardization within the Group
- Enabled a work from home rate exceeding 90% during the state of emergency (COVID-19)
Please refer to the following news release for details of this initiative.
■ IT Awards (Extract from the JIIT website)
IT Awards are presented by the JIIT to companies, groups, organizations or individuals recognized as having made remarkable efforts and achieved results “innovating business by using sophisticated IT” for creating business, building and promoting effective business models or enhancing productivity, etc. for Japanese industries, administrative bodies or the like. Created in accordance with a “system to reward companies, organizations, business sites, etc. that excelled in office automation or computerization” which was set up in March 1983, the Office Automation Awards (OA Awards) were renamed the IT Awards in 2001 and retain that name to today.
［WEB］Japan Institute of Information Technology (JIIT) https://www.jiit.or.jp/im/award.html
■ Mitsui Fudosan’s DX Initiatives
Mitsui Fudosan is promoting DX under the double-axis of business reform and work style reform in the belief that it should “harness technology to innovate the real estate business” as stated in VISION 2025, the Group’s long-term vision. As an initiative to promote DX, Mitsui Fudosan upgraded its IT Innovation Department to a headquarters in April 2020, creating the DX Division and promoting DX Groupwide.
■ Mitsui Fudosan Group’s Contribution to SDGs
The Mitsui Fudosan Group aims for a society that enriches both people and the planet under the principles of coexistence in harmony with society, link diverse values and achieve a sustainable society, and advances business with an awareness of the environment (E), society (S) and governance (G), thus promoting ESG management. By further accelerating its ESG management, the Group will realize Society 5.0, which the Japanese government has been advocating, and contribute significantly to achieving the SDGs。
* The initiatives covered in this press release are contributing to two of the UN’s SDGs.
|Decent Work and Economic Growth
|Partnerships for the Goals