As a corporate group supporting offices, housing, and other infrastructure necessary for daily life, we at the Mitsui Fudosan Group recognize that it is our duty to fulfill our social responsibility at an even higher level. To accomplish this, we believe efforts should be made throughout the entire supply chain to promote sustainable procurement and thereby help resolve ESG issues. We have formulated Sustainable Procurement Standards summarizing basic guidelines in this area. We published these standards on our website in December 2018, and have notified our main business partners.
As items to be complied with or actively promoted by both the Mitsui Fudosan Group and its suppliers, our Sustainable Procurement Standards incorporate basic guidelines on (1) Compliance with Laws and Regulations, etc.; (2) Respect for Human Rights Related to Labor; (3) Secure Corporate Ethics; (4) Ensuring Quality; (5) Consideration for the Environment; (6) Information Security; and (7) Risk Management. The idea is to share these standards within the Mitsui Fudosan Group, build and operate an ordering and contract process in line with the nature of our business, and also notify and request the understanding of our business partners. To realize a sustainable society, we will work to promote sustainable procurement throughout our supply chain.
Mitsui Fudosan Group, Sustainable Procurement Standards
(Established in December 2018)
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations, etc.
- Comply with laws and regulations of the countries in which business is undertaken, international treaties and social norms.
2. Respect for Human Rights Related to Labor
- Respect for basic human rights, freedom of association and collective bargaining rights
- Pay at least minimum wage and ensure health and safety
- Do not engage in child labor or forced labor
- Reduce excessive overtime work and prevent overwork
- Ban discrimination and ensure equal opportunity for workers
- Comply with countries' laws and regulations and standards in relation to the aforementioned items when conducting business
3. Secure Corporate Ethics
- Engage in fair and just trade
- Disclose corporate information in a timely manner
- Avoid business with anti-social forces
- Prevent corruption and do not engage in bribery
- Build an internal reporting system
- Show consideration for the protection of those making internal reports
4. Ensuring Quality
- Strive to ensure achievement and improvement of necessary levels of quality
5. Consideration for the Environment
- Strive to reduce resource use including energy, CO2 emissions and water use, etc.
- Manage and reduce in an appropriate manner contaminated substances and generation of waste materials
- Show consideration for biodiversity
- Preserve the environment, including the aforementioned items
6. Information Security
- Handle appropriately and protect confidential information and personal information
7. Risk Management
- Build a risk management framework for accidents and disasters