Mitsui Fudosan’s First Dual-format, Multi-purpose Retail Complex Appears!
Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport KADOMA and Mitsui Outlet Park OSAKA KADOMA
Grand Opening on April 17, 2023
Altogether 251 Stores to Open, Including 20 First-Ever Openings in Osaka (LaLaport) and 17 First-Ever Openings in a Kansai Outlet Mall
February 8, 2023
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, Japan, February 8, 2023 - Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., a leading global real estate company headquartered in Tokyo, announced today that it will hold a grand opening on Monday, April 17, 2023 of the Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport KADOMA (“LaLaport KADOMA”) and Mitsui Outlet Park OSAKA KADOMA (“MOP OSAKA KADOMA”) complex currently being promoted in Matsuocho, Kadoma City, Osaka Prefecture.
The complex fronts the major arterial roads of National Route 163 and the Osaka Central Loop Road, and is located near the Kadoma Interchange on the Kinki Expressway. It also offers outstanding access from central and broad areas, being located approx. eight minutes’ walk from Kadomashi Station on the Keihan Main Line and Osaka Monorail.
As lifestyle awareness and behaviors change, and real values are given increasing importance, Mitsui Fudosan has sought new value as a retail facility and created the new business format of LaLaport x Mitsui Outlet Park to make a reality of achieving the needs of both the everyday and the extraordinary. We will create a space filled with liveliness, where diverse people can gather and meet, and contribute to attractive neighborhood creation as a new community base for Kadoma City, and as a retail facility representative of Osaka.
Complex Concept of “We’ve Got it All: Convenience. Special Things. Excitement.”
LaLaport x Mitsui Outlet Park Creates Experiences and Times Found Only Here.
Computer generated image of the exterior of LaLaport KADOMA
Computer generated image of the rooftop Square in the Sky
Key Points of this Release
- Grand opening of Mitsui Fudosan’s first dual-format, multi-purpose retail complex LaLaport KADOMA and MOP OSAKA KADOMA decided for Monday, April 17, 2023.
- Will feature indoor and outdoor event plazas such as the rooftop plaza, entrance plaza and Center Court.
- A total of 251 stores to open at once, including 153 LaLaport stores (20 first-ever Osaka openings) and 98 MOP stores (17 first-ever openings for a Kansai outlet mall). An expansive food zone will also open, including the Kuromon Market.
- Development of this large-scale, multi-use neighborhood creation will continue even after opening of the complex. A new monorail station directly linked to the complex is scheduled to open in 2029.
- Acquired environmental certification such as ZEB Oriented certification (for goods and sales, etc.) and DBJ Green Building certification. Consideration has been given to the environment, such as by installing one of the largest amounts of solar panels for Mitsui Fudosan’s retail facilities.
< Features of the facility >
1. One-of-a-Kind Retail Facility Appears
- Mitsui Fudosan’s first dual-format, multi-purpose complex
1F/3F: LaLaport KADOMA 2F: MOP OSAKA KADOMA
- Plazas where various events can be held
Rooftop plaza, Square in the Sky, entrance plaza, Kusunoki Plaza, Center Court, etc.
- Also plenty of spaces for babies and kids to play or relax
2. A Total of 251 Stores Condensing the Everyday and Extraordinary into the Same Space
- LaLaport KADOMA: 153 stores
- First-ever openings in Osaka for 19 stores, 11 stores with a new business format.
- Huge food zone (Kuromon Market, supermarket, restaurants, cafes, fast food restaurants, food court)
- Collection of various stores in a way unique to LaLaport.
- Cinema complex also opening with TOHO CINEMAS’ first-ever Dolby cinema.
- MOP OSAKA KADOMA: 98 stores
- Four stores in first-ever Japan outlet store openings, 17 first-ever openings for a Kansai area outlet mall.
- MOP OSAKA TSURUMI will relocate to larger facilities. In addition, 58 new stores will open.
- Popular brand cafes will also open (Ralph’s COFFEE, gelato pique cafe).
3. Continued Development of the Kadoma Area After the Opening of the Complex
- Development of this large-scale, multi-use neighborhood creation will continue even after opening of the complex.
- Promotion of initiatives to enhance transport convenience.
- New Osaka Monorail station directly linked to the complex scheduled to open in 2029.
- Aim to create a community base through connections with the surrounding community.
4. Initiatives to Achieve a Sustainable Society
- Acquired environmental certification such as ZEB Oriented certification (for goods and sales, etc.) and DBJ Green Building certification.
- Approx. 4,500 solar panels installed, one of the largest amounts for Mitsui Fudosan facilities.
- EV charging service using renewable energy, COOL distribution board, etc.
5. Creation of Comfortable Working Environments
- A well-equipped employee break room and a 24-hour employee convenience store have been opened.
- Promoted the creation of a worker-friendly environment, including through the introduction of Timee, a part-time job service that matches people who want to work with stores that are looking for workers.
6. Measures Against the Spread of Infectious Diseases
To ensure guests can spend their time at the complex with peace of mind, Mitsui Fudosan also responds to infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
- Measures comply with the Mitsui Fudosan 9BOX Infection Control Measure Standards.
- Introduced a contract-free order and payment system in the food court.
- A rooftop plaza where guests can have as much fun as they like in peace of mind while fully avoiding densely packed crowds, and other measures.
Mitsui Fudosan’s Retail Facilities in the Kansai Area
■Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport SAKAI (Opened November 2022)
In the Kansai area, a fourth Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport location, Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport SAKAI, opened in November 2022. This was the fourth such facility in the Kansai area, in addition to the LaLaport KADOMA and MOP OSAKA KADOMA complex. The Sakai location has the Fansta XROSS Stadium indoor stadium facility capable of hosting major events, underpinned by the aim of seeking to have the Sakai facility take on a central role in the region as a venue that gives rise to people’s daily enjoyment, relaxation, and convenience.
For further details: https://www.mitsuifudosan.co.jp/corporate/news/2022/0829_01/ (in Japanese)
Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport SAKAI exterior
Fansta X Stadium indoor stadium at Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport SAKAI
■Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport and Mitsui Outlet Park locations currently operating in the Kansai area
There are currently four Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport and Mitsui Outlet Park locations operating in the Kansai area. In April 2022, Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport EXPOCITY underwent major renovations. The Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport KOSHIEN location, which underwent a partial renovation in September 2022, is slated for successive refurbishment from April 2023 onward.
MOP OSAKA TSURUMI closed on Sunday, March 12, 2023 and will expand and relocate to larger facilities in MOP OSAKA KADOMA. It is holding the “FINAL Closing Sale” from Monday, February 6 to Sunday, March 12, with a spirit of gratitude for many years of patronage. The park will continue to stiving to bring joy to customers right through to the end, even though the park will close in a short while. We really hope you enjoy shopping.
In addition, Mitsui Outlet Park MARINE PIA KOBE will be rebuilt on a larger scale, but is currently under temporary closure. It is scheduled to reopen in fiscal 2024.
Underpinned by the concept of “Growing Together” with respect to Mitsui Fudosan’s retail facilities, we will continue to promote various initiatives while seeking partnership with our respective facilities as we set our sights on achieving a new format for retail facilities that are rooted in their communities and developed in step with our customers.
Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport KOSHIEN
Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport IZUMI
Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport EXPOCITY
Mitsui Outlet Park SHIGA RYUO
Mitsui Outlet Park OSAKA TSURUMI
* Will close on Sunday, March 12, 2023 and relocate to larger facilities in MOP OSAKA KADOMA
Mitsui Outlet Park MARINE PIA KOBE
* Being rebuilt on a larger scale, but currently under temporary closure
Overview of Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport KADOMA and Mitsui Outlet Park OSAKA KADOMA
|1-11 Matsuocho, Kadoma-shi, Osaka 571-8620
|Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport KADOMA / MOP OSAKA KADOMA
(Building name: Mitsui Shopping Park Kadoma)
|Approx. 1,256,000 ft2 (approx. 116,700 m2)
|Commercial facilities: Steel structure, four floors above ground (stores: 1-4F)
Multistory parking garage: Two steel structures, six floors above ground
|Total Floor Area
|Approx. 2,118,000 ft2 (approx. 196,800 m2)
(Commercial facilities: approx. 1,107,000 ft2 (approx. 102,800 m2); Multistory parking garage: approx. 1,007,000 ft2 (approx. 93,600 m2))
|Approx. 714,000 ft2 (approx. 66,000 m2)
|Number of Stores
|251 stores (LaLaport KADOMA 153 stores, MOP OSAKA KADOMA 98 stores)
|Approx. 4,300 vehicles
|Product sales, services, food court: 10:00-21:00
* Closing times vary between stores.
* Operating hours may differ for some stores.
* Operating hours are subject to change. Please check the official website for the latest information.
|Approx. eight-minute walk from Kadoma-shi Station on the Keihan Main Line and Osaka Monorail
Approximately 0.5km from Kadoma Interchange on Kinki Expressway
|Start of construction: October 2021
End of construction: February 2023 (planned)
Opening: April 17, 2023
|Basic design: Ishimoto Architectural & Engineering Firm, Inc.
Takenaka Corporation Osaka licensed first class architect firm
Takenaka Corporation Osaka supervisory licensed first class architect firm
|Commercial facilities: Takenaka Corporation, MAIN OFFICE: OSAKA
Multistory parking garage: Watahan Solutions Co., Ltd.
|Mitsui Fudosan Retail Management Co., Ltd.
|Complex teaser website
Overview of Land Use Plan
LaLaport KADOMA and MOP OSAKA KADOMA
|Approx. 1,256,000 ft2 (approx. 116,400 m2)
|Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
PARK HOMES LaLa KADOMA
|Approx. 57,000 ft2
(approx. 5,300 m2)
|Mitsui Fudosan Residential Co., Ltd.
|Membership warehouse store
Costco Wholesale Kadoma Warehouse
|Approx. 366,000 ft2
(approx. 34,000 m2)
|Costco Wholesale Japan, Ltd.
|TOWA PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD. business site
|Approx. 83,000 ft2
(approx. 7,700 m2)
|TOWA PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD.
< Regional map >
< Close-up view of planned development >
< Transportation access >
The Kadoma complex offers convenient access by car from outlying areas via National Route 163, Central Circular Route and the adjacent Kadoma Interchange on Kinki Expressway.
It is also easily accessible by train at an approx. 8-minute walk (approx. 600 m) from Kadomashi Station on Keihan Main Line and Osaka Monorail, and approx. 30 minutes from Osaka Station.
Mitsui Fudosan’s regional shopping center projects (as of February 2023)
Other Mitsui Shopping Park Services
Collaboration with the Mitsui Shopping Park &mall official e-commerce website of Mitsui Shopping Park
The Mitsui Shopping Park &mall online store serves as the official e-commerce website of Mitsui Shopping Park. The website carries a wide range of products from approximately 400 stores, centered on highly popular fashion brands through to lifestyle products. Customers will be able to access the website to check inventories of LaLaport SAKAI stores prior to visiting and will also be able to make online purchases at a later date, thereby enabling customers to experience shopping that involves making use of both brick-and-mortar stores an e-commerce channel.
Mitsui Shopping Park &mall online store screenshot
&mall DESK, a collaboration base for brick-and-mortar facilities and the &mall e-commerce mall
- mall DESK, a collaboration base for brick-and-mortar facilities and the &mall e-commerce mall, will be established at the complex.
- &mall DESK will provide one-stop service making it possible to collect products purchased through &mall, try on goods, and more.
Moreover, using the DESK collection service during its campaign period which is held periodically will give added benefits to users.
< List of some stores that will operate at both LaLaport KADOMA and &mall >
* Certain merchandise and services not available
* Arranged in alphabetical order
Mitsui Shopping Park Staff Circle
The Mitsui Shopping Park Staff Circle initiative entails making use of the HataLuck® smartphone application to provide support for ensuring to a pleasant and rewarding workplace for all employees serving at retail facilities of the Mitsui Fudosan Group. Introduced in more than 40 facilities since 2021, the initiative has been well received by countless employees.
The smartphone application enables employees to use their own smartphones as a pass to access facilities, thereby eliminating the need for lengthy procedures normally required for issuance of such passes. Moreover, the application is equipped with convenient and useful functions when it comes to everyday operations, such that enable real-time communications between facilities and employees as well as shift scheduling. The application also offers various forms of content, which includes employee perk and benefit services offering special discount coupons as well as gift and event campaigns, and also includes guidance pertaining to online video-based courses and seminars offered for the purpose of strengthening store operations and enhancing skills.
For details, please refer to the concept video (in Japanese).
Mama with LaLaport - Reflecting on Feedback from Fathers and Mothers
The Mitsui Fudosan Group understands that parents would like to freely enjoy shopping even when they have to look after their small children. As such, the Mama with LaLaport project to realize their aspirations started with in-house suggestions from working parents at Mitsui Fudosan.
Based on a motto of making LaLaport facilities friendlier to mothers and fathers, the Mama with LaLaport initiative not only seeks to enhance the functions of facilities by adding nursing rooms and kids’ spaces based on advice from within and outside of Mitsui Fudosan and from customers, but also aims to hold events for parents and children to enjoy, and aims to be a facility friendly to those raising young children.
< Four Points for a Parent-Friendly Facility >
- Peace of mind for changing diapers and feeding
We provide restrooms that can accommodate strollers, feeding rooms, and diaper-changing tables.
- Relaxed meals with children
Food courts with kids’ areas enable parents to enjoy eating without worrying about troubling others.
- Enhanced children’s play space
Kids’ play spaces have been set up so that children can have a chance to play during shopping trips.
- Holding events for the whole family
We hold a range of different events that parents and children can enjoy together.
Mitsui Fudosan Group’s Contribution to SDGs
The Mitsui Fudosan Group aims for a society that enriches both people and the planet under the principles of coexist in harmony with society, link diverse values and achieve a sustainable society, and advances business with an awareness of the environment (E), society (S) and governance (G), thus promoting ESG management. By further accelerating its ESG management, the Group will realize Society 5.0, which the Japanese government has been advocating, and contribute significantly to achieving the SDGs.また、Additionally, the Group formulated the following Group guidelines related to “Realize a Decarbonized Society” and “Diversity & Inclusion Promotion” in November 2021. The Mitsui Fudosan Group will continue to work toward solving social issues through neighborhood creation.
[ References ]
・Group Action Plan to Realize a Decarbonized Society
・Formulated Diversity and Inclusion Promotion Declaration and Initiatives Policy
* The initiatives covered in this press release are contributing to eight of the UN’s SDGs.
|Affordable and Clean Energy
|Decent Work and Economic Growth
|Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
|Sustainable Cities and Communities
|Responsible Consumption and Production
|Partnerships for the Goals